Why are Younger Kids Starting to Play More Violent Video Games?


Why are Younger Kids Starting to Play More Violent Video Games?

5/19/2019

When I was a child, I wasn't exposed to violent video games because I didn't have a console and I wasn't interested in them. I was also clueless about violence because my parents were semi-protective. Because of this, the only games I played were on a Wii Console at my friend's house. Even though my parents could've been a little strict about this, I think it had a positive effect on how I view games with guns and violence.

Maybe some parents don't shield their children from the media talking about things that are for people that are older. These kids don't have fully developed brain and sometimes look for guidance. When they don't seek their parents for guidance, they look towards the media for assistance. When they see the media glorifying violent video games, they will definitely play those games in order to fit in.













I think the two ways that this problem can be solved is by separating the adult media with the children media, because it often leads to problems like this one. Also, I think parenting is another issue. If a parent cares for their child, I think they would take away those violent games until they are old enough to play them. I believe that this will lower the numbers of kids playing video games that aren't meant for their age group.









Comments

Popular Posts