Relationship with the Media

What is Media?

April 11, 2019


In the modern world, high schoolers and people in general are always surrounded by media whether it's the news, social media, or anything on the TV. Whenever I hear the word, "media," I think of news stations such as CNN and FOX News, because that's what people usually refer to when they say that word. Also, high schoolers nowadays use social media more than ever and in a way, it encompasses their lives.


Media could be anything that gives out information. Media can be truthful or deceiving. For example, there has been a lot of talk about fake news and how Americans are negatively influenced by it on a daily basis. They only want to hear a specific thing from a specific news source and believes it to be true without considering the credibility of the source. This is a big problem in America because most stereotypes are born from these fake news sources.

When it comes to media and information, I think I get all of it from YouTube. Since I don't use social media and don't watch a lot of news, I get most of my information from here. If I'm bored, I usually watch anything ranging from politics to sports on the trending list. Whenever I'm on YouTube, I know that some things can be slightly untrue. That's why whenever I'm on it, I make sure that my metacognition is turned on so that I can filter out the information.









Comments

Popular Posts